Affects Version/s: 5.1.6
Fix Version/s: None
ScriptRunner| 5.1.6 |
JIRA Software| 7.5.0 |
If you use a Behaviour to set the Assignee field to be required, a red asterisk appears next to the field but it is not truly mandatory; you can still create the issue even if the field is set to unassigned.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Create a behaviour
- Select the Assignee field to add a behaviour to
- Without the use of any server-side script, set the field to be required
- Now go to create an issue. Notice the field has a red asterisk, signifying that it is required
- Fill in the Summary field but set the Assignee field to unassigned, and try to create the issue
- The issue will create regardless of the field being set to unassigned
You can use a server-side script to validate that the assignee field is set:
Attach this script to the assignee field and the error message should stop the issue from being created.