If you are setting up a Behaviour and select a guide workflow that contains the characters \, /, #, or % (the only ones I've found so far), you will get an error stating:
"There was a problem fetching the workflow, perhaps it was deleted. Check server logs."
Then, if you try to choose an action or status from the workflow when setting up a field condition, you won't get any options to select from.
Unfortunately, there are absolutely no errors thrown in the atlassian-jira.log file that point to a cause.
- Start up a fresh JIRA instance and create a new project.
- Copy that project's existing workflow and give it a name that contains one of the aforementioned characters. (Note: the workflow does not need to be active)
- Go to the Behaviours configuration and create a new behaviour.
- Once added, click on the "Fields" link under the "Operations" column.
- Then select the guide workflow that you just created and watch error mentioned above appear in the top-right of the browser.
- Without changing the selected workflow, scroll down and add a field.
- With a field added, try to set a condition and notice that, when choosing a workflow action or status, you are given no options to select from.