If you set up a "Clone an issue, and links" script listener that specifies the Reporter field as a field to copy over, upon triggering the listener the cloned issue will be created successfully with no errors thrown. However, if you explore the cloned issue, you will see that the Reporter field was set to the currently logged in user instead of the reporter from the parent issue.
- In a fresh instance, add some additional users by running the below script in the script console:
- Create two new software projects (I'll call them project X and project Y)
- Navigate to the Script Listener's page and create a new "Clone an issue, and links" listener with the following config:
- Project key: project X
- Events: Issue Updated Event
- Target Project: project Y
- Fields to copy: Reporter
- Create an issue in project X
- Logout and switch to one of the newly created users:
- username: deaduser1
- password: deadpass1
- With that user, update the issue in project X by changing one of the fields
- Then navigate over to project Y and examine the new issue
- Notice that the Reporter, instead of being the user that created the parent project, is the currently logged in user (deaduser1).