When using the "Show parent issue in hierarchy" built-in Script Field, if your target parent issue has a parent of its own then the field will fail to populate on all of the target issue's children.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set up a basic project
- Go to the Script Fields configuration page and add a new "Sho parent issue in hierarchy" field with the following config:
- Field Name: Bug Link
- Field Description: ----
- Field Note: ----
- Target Issue Type: Bug
- Parent Navigators: "Links: Blocks"
- Create two issues, one of issue-type Bug and the other of issue-type Task
- Link the Task to the Bug with an "is blocked by" link and notice that the Script Field appears on the Task with the key of the Bug.
- Now create another issue with the issue-type New Feature
- Link your Bug to the New Feature type issue that you've just created with an "is blocked by" link.
- Navigate back to the Task issue that you created on step 3 and notice that the "Bug Link" field is no longer present on the ticket.