Any issue returned by an Escalation service's JQL field which is a selected value in a "Multi-Issue Picker" Scripted field will show as being updated to nothing, from nothing in the Issues change history. The issue where the "Multi-Issue Picker" Scripted field is displayed, i.e. where the user selected its values does not have these updates in its issue history.
I noticed an edge case where if you ALSO have a single issue picker scripted field on an issue and you choose a value in that field to be displayed. If you then run the escalation service for the selected issue (not the issue where the single issue picker is displayed) you then see blank updates for the multi-issue picker fields on the "selected issue" even though the multi-issue picker fields are not present on the parent or selected issue.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a Scripted Issue Picker field (Multi-Issue)
- Add it to your screens and for 1 issue choose several issues for this scripted field to display
- Create an escalation service that uses JQL which returns the issue where the scripted field displays, and also the issues that the user selected in the Issue Picker scripted field
- When you run the Escalation Service, the Issue where the Issue Picker is displayed will not show changes in the issue history, however the issues that have been selected in the Issue Picker Field will show a blank update in its issue history for the Issue Picker.
- If you look at the Activity column on the issue history it appears to be removing the Multi-Issue Picker fields and that is what is causing the change notifications.
History from above issue :
The Escalation Service:
A issue that gets updated every time you run the escalation service