Users upgrading to V6.9.0 are experiencing re-indexing problems due a bug in ScriptRunner.
LastUpdatedByIndexer – which adds information to the index and is needed to support the lastUpdated() JQL function – is failing for issues without comments.
An example of the stack trace is attached to this ticket.
Steps to reproduce
- Upgrade ScriptRunner to V6.9.0 from (awaiting previous version info)
- Perform a background re-index.
Re-indexing works as usual.
- Indexing is slowed down because an additional exception is thrown in LastUpdatedByIndexer and has to be handled.
- Logs are getting filled with the stack trace for the exception thrown in LastUpdatedByIndexer occurring for issues without comments.
- lastUpdate() issue function is not working correctly for issues without comments.
There is no workaround. Adaptavist engineers are working to deploy an emergency fix as soon as possible.