Affects Version/s: 6.7.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Scripted Fields
I've created a scripted field for an Epic issue type which works as expected on the Issue screen.
However, the scripted field's correct value on the Issue screen is different to the preview value on the scripted field edit page.
It seems the Scripted Fields for Issues in the Epic are not accessed correctly. They are always null objects. As shown in this code snippet:
Steps to Reproduce
- Create an "Epic" Issue in your Jira project.
- Create two or more "Task" Issues.
- Assign the Task Issues to the Epic.
- Create a Scripted Field for the Issues in the Epic. Give it any value.
- Create a Scripted Field for the Epic Issue type.
- From the Epic's Scripted Field, loop through each Issue in the epic and try to access the Scripted Field and its value.
The Scripted Field in each of the Epic's Issues can be accessed.
The Scripted Field always returns null when you try to access it.
It's important to stress that this problem only affects the Preview Console on the Scripted Field Edit page. When you look at the Scripted Field on the Issue screen it's working as expected.