Affects Version/s: 6.15.0
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Scripted Fields
Using JIRA REST API to populate value to Scripted Field causes Jira to not load properly.
- Create a new Scripted Field with the following configuration:
This is the script used:
- Add the newly-created field into a project screen.
- Create or open an issue to view the Scripted Field.
The page loads properly with the Scripted Field showing the issue key from the script: "TEST-5".
- Any page in Jira keeps loading non-stop (blank page).
- No error in the log.
- No other network activity observed in the Browser tool > Network.
The only workaround that I found is to manually edit the script via direct database modification to the database table: to comment out the script.
A Jira restart is required after the modification.
After the restart, Jira is working fine again with the Scripted Field not running any script.
- The symptom is similar to a stuck thread issue where the application is simply not responding.
- Restarting Jira doesn't help, it will go right into the issue again (keep loading with a blank page).