Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 6.17.0
Sprint:SR4J Sprint 90
The client side JS that updates picker field values checks the page URL to determine if the view screen is being shown in the portal.
The above check does a pattern match on the URL but using the default project key pattern which assumes that a project key is in the format ABC-123 where the project key can only contain uppercase letters. If an administrator has modified the project key pattern and the project has a key that does not match, picker field values will not be updated in the portal view.
- Modify the project key pattern via Advanced settings -> jira.projectkey.pattern and set it to the value ([A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9]+)
- Create a service desk project with a number in the project key e.g JSD2
- Create a database resource and associated database picker field and add it to an issue in the project created above with a value selected
- Add the picker field to the request type fields for the related request type
- Browse to the issue via the customer portal
- The client side JS will replace the picker ID with the value
- The picker value will not be updated and only the ID will be shown in the portal view