The client side JS that updates picker field values checks the page URL to determine if the view screen is being shown in the portal.
The above check does a pattern match on the URL but using the default project key pattern which assumes that a project key is in the format ABC-123 where the project key can only contain uppercase letters. If an administrator has modified the project key pattern and the project has a key that does not match, picker field values will not be updated in the portal view.
- Modify the project key pattern via Advanced settings -> jira.projectkey.pattern and set it to the value ([A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9]+)
- Create a service desk project with a number in the project key e.g JSD2
- Create a database resource and associated database picker field and add it to an issue in the project created above with a value selected
- Add the picker field to the request type fields for the related request type
- Browse to the issue via the customer portal
- The client side JS will replace the picker ID with the value
- The picker value will not be updated and only the ID will be shown in the portal view