While the select list field was set as a required field and setReadonly in Behaviour, there's an error message appears while you do not leave the Text field before hitting enter.
There are two fields: A select list field and a text field.
Only the select list field was set as a required field on field configuration.
In Behaviour, the Select list field is set as a readOnly field on the Edit screen only. If we selected the “A” value of the Select list field on the create screen, the text field would set the required field on each screen.
- Create a new select list field and a new text field.
- Only the select list field was set as a required field on field configuration.
- Set up Behaviour configuration:
- Create a new issue > select "A" for Select list field > Fill in the Text field
- Edit the issue > edit the value in the Text field
- While the Text field is still in focus element state (do not leave the Text field) > hit Enter key
The text field's value will be updated after hit the Enter key without an error message.
Jira displaying an error message and the text field's value is not updated.
- If you click outside the text field after making a change and then hit enter it works
- After making a change on the text field, press update it works.
The video showing how it can be reproed by Clarkie: