Any JQL query that becomes invalid can cause the JSM UI to not render. Although the query is initially validated, it can become invalid over time.
See below for an example.
lastcomment("by username") breaks Service Management Queues when the user is not found (due to user rename).
- Create user "admin".
- Create a Service management project.
- Create new queue in the Service management Project to use: lastcomment("by username")
- Confirm queue is displayed correctly.
- Rename user "admin" to "admin-old" in user management.
- Reload the queue.
All queues are displayed in the Service management project.
From the logs with "com.atlassian.plugin.web.DefaultWebInterfaceManager" set to debug we can see below error:
- Rename back the user to the previous username (eg: admin)
- Remove the Queue that uses lastcomment("by username").
- Rename back the user to the new username.
- Add new queue that uses lastcomment("by username").