When creating a scripted mail handler, the 'Add' button is missing and users are not able to save their scripted mail handlers. This is happening with both mail server and local files as the server. It seems that this is only happening with Jira 8.15.
- Set up a Jira 8.15 instance with ScriptRunner 6.19 or 6.20.
- Choose Administration ( ) > System.
- Select Mail > Incoming Mail to open the Incoming Mail page.
- Click the Add incoming mail handler button with the following configuration :
- Server : local files
- Handler : ScriptRunner Mail Handler
Then, click Next
The 'Add' button is visible and users are able to save their scripted mail handler. I tested this with ScriptRunner 6.20 in Jira 8.13.3.
The 'Add' button is missing and users have no way to save their scripted mail handler.
For the workaround, you can follow the steps provided below :
- Open your browser's Developer Tools. Then, select the console tab.
- In the console, enter the following and press 'Enter' :
- A message box will pop up. Click on 'Leave'. The mail handler will then be created. If you would like to cancel, just refresh the page.
A screen recording of how the workaround is performed can be seen here: screen-recorder-tue-mar-02-2021-18-39-40.webm