Status: To Do
When user adding a new component in the Create/Edit issue screen, they are getting the following error message when database picker on the screen:
The new component is added but issue not created or edited successfully.
Provide a detailed step-by-step process to reproduce the problem.
- Create a new Database Picker by following the docs here
- Associate the DB picker to the project Create/Edit issue screen.
- Create a new issue.
- Adding a new component in the Create issue screen and hit "Create" button.
- First, we don't see any error and hit "Create" button again.
- You will get the "A component with the name xxx already exists in this project." error message on the screen and logs showing this:
- If you check the project component, the new component is added.
- No error message showing up after adding a new component and able to create or edit issue.
- The database picker should not be the issue causing the error message when adding a new component. If it does, the error message should be more meaningful of why its happened.
- There is an error message showing up after adding a new component via Create/Edit screen.
- The problem is due to the database picker is associate to the project create or edit issue screen.
- Unmapped any database picker field from the create or edit issue screen.
- Retry again due to the component has been added after the first error message.
- A recording - Screen Recording 2021-08-16 at 3.45.49 PM.mov
- Tested in JIRA 8.16.1 and SR 6.23.0 / 6.32.0