Affects Version/s: 6.5.0
Fix Version/s: None
A Script Fragment 'Hide system or plugin UI element’ implementation to hide project sidebar caused an Uncaught TypeError exception for the users that the sidebar is hidden from, specifically when the user tried to view the project boards (Scrum/Kanban).
- Navigate to Fragments > click 'Create Script Fragment' > select 'Hide system or plugin UI element'
- For Hide what field, select com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:sidebar-panel
- For Condition, input the script below > click 'Add'
- Click on 'Projects' on the top ribbon > select current project. This will bring you to the Backlog page. Alternatively, you may directly access the project board via the URL e.g. http://localhost:8080/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=1.
A dialog with these errors would pop up:
Users are able to view the project board despite the hidden project sidebar.
Users encounter errors when viewing project board with project sidebar that is hidden from them.
- Reproduced in Jira Software 8.19.0 | ScriptRunner 6.34.0
- Complete error message: