User already modify original event to a custom event when creating an issue. To make use of Automation for Jira "issue created" trigger, the user uses SR built-in post function "Fires an event when condition is true" to fire the Issue Created event.
However, this does not trigger Automation for Jira rule trigger on "Issue created".
1. The Issue Created event fired is picked up by our listener just fine.
2. Using native Jira fire event post function does trigger Automation rule.
Provide a detailed step-by-step process to reproduce the problem.
- On any transition, set up a post-function using SR built-in "Fires an event when condition is true" to fire the Issue Created event.
- Setup an Automation rule using Issue Created trigger, I use the "add comment to issue" action in respond to the trigger.
- Make the transition on an issue.
Issue is transitioned, the Automation rule is triggered and a comment is added to the issue.
Issue is transitioned, the Automation rule is not triggered (no record in log too), comment is not added.
1. Use our own features to add comment and/or other actions.
2. Reverse the event firing. That is, use native post function to fire Issue Created, and use ScriptRunner post function to fire the custom event.